Here are some fun ideas for Valentine’s Day in your Indonesian classroom…
- Review numbers by hiding lots of little ‘hati’ around the room (cut out red ones, or use heart shaped post it notes). Use to review/learn cari, hati, berapa
- Make a “Saya cinta kamu” card with hati for someone special.
- Review family words by telling a story about a boy/girl who tells each person in the family ‘Saya cinta kamu’, even the dog and cat! Great way to teach ‘cium’ (kiss) and ‘peluk’ (hug)!
- Use the clip below for some Valentine’s Day movie talk..
- Write a poem:
Bunga merah, bunga biru.
Saya cinta ___ (ibu, bapak, adik, kakak, nenek, kakek, _____ (friend’s name))
- Use a Pete the Cat love story!